Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Meet The Staff


ABC Weekend Camp 2011 will take place in Shevchenkove in just a few days. Here is a chance for you to get acquainted with our Awesome, Brilliant, and Cheerful staff members. In no particular order, meet... 



Vadym Kiyashko

has spent about a year at the Rocky Mountains in the beautiful state of Colorado as a FLEX student. originally he comes from Kupiansk. nowadays he studies CAD(computer aided design). he loves being involved in any sort of music and doing all the crazy things there are. this weekend's gonna be LEGEN (wait for it) DARY!! 


Right side

 Lee Ballard



Lee is from North Carolina. He plays violin and guitar. Lee also likes to learn languages and talk to people. He can't wait to meet you!


Zhenia Kal'nyk


Hey y'all, awesome guys! My name is Zhenia. I originally come from Poltava and I study Applied Liguistics at Karazin Kharkiv National University. I really enjoy travelling, meeting new people and do some fun stuff! C'mon, cheer up, be positive all the time and fill this world with the brightest sunshine of your smile! Hakuna Matata and Peace be upon you! :)


Shannon Anderson


My name is Shannon, and I am from Nashville, Tennessee in the U.S. My favourite things to do in Ukraine are playing football and solving puzzles, but my favourite things to do in Tennessee are rock climbing and tight-rope walking! I have one degree in English and another in International Relations. I look forward to meeting you!

Danny Freeman



My name is Danny Freeman. I am from Nashville, Tennessee the birthplace of country music. Right now, I live in Izium, Ukraine and I have lived here for one year. In the USA I was an art teacher. I studied art at Middle Tennessee State University. My hobbies are drawing, metal sculpting, playing guitar and learning Russian. I have a lovely wife, Shannon and I am the second oldest volunteer in Kharkov Oblast.


Ira Rybochka


"My name is Ira. I'm a student at Kharkiv National Karazin University where I study foreign languages. Learning languages is also my hobby, I know English, German and a little bit of Spanish so far and want to learn at least two more languages. I enjoy spending time with my friends and watching American soap operas. In the future I dream to become an interpreter and travel around the world."

Jing Li



Jing is from San Francisco, California. She has lived in 6 different states and she studied Industrial and Systems Engineering at university. She loves swimming, dancing, traveling, taking photos, baking, reorganizing the refrigerator and yoga.


Brooks Harrison




My name is Brooks Harrison. I am from Savannah, Georgia on the Southeast Coast of the United States.  Before coming to Ukraine I worked as a history teacher in a secondary school. Currently I work in Kovsharovka and Cenkovo.  I really enjoy reading, music, and playing sports and if I could have any job I would be a crime writer or herpatologist.  My other hobbies include SCUBA diving, fishing, and building models.  Living in Ukraine has been great for me because I have met so many interesting people and participated in some fantastic activities.


Kyle Borley


I am from Green Bay, Wisconsin.  For my bachelors degree I studied Middle Eastern history.  For my Masters degree I studied Korean Cold War history.  My hobbies are traveling, reading, sports, and movies.

Natasha Fateeva


I'm  a student of Kharkiv National Pedagogical University.  What I like: ballroom dancing, Finland, Finnish language, active life style, babanas, crazy people. But what I like most is ABC Camp for it's craziness, creativity and awesome people!! 

Sam Choi



I was born in New York and grew up in Delaware. Currently, I am living and working in Shevchenkove, Kharkivska Oblast in Ukraine. My hobbies include reading, American football, and listening to and playing music. When I was a child, I wanted to be an astronaut, then a pastor, then an engineer, and now I'd like to be a teacher. Matthew 22:37-39 sums up my life philosophy (you can look it up yourself). 


Alina Fesenko

I'm an optimistic 17 year-old girl which lives in one of the best parts of Ukraine-Kupiansk) I'm a student in 11th grade in Kupiansk gymnasium #2. I have a spent a year in Hawaii as FLEX student 2010-2011. I'm fond of foreign languages, journalism, soccer, music and , of course, ABC Camp!!! Come on, become a part of our wonderful ABC family!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment