Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meet Our Lovely ABC Camp Directors

Introducing...

Ira Rybochka & Karina Kozlova

We've interviewed the directors for a sneak peek at ABC Camp 2012. 

What was your favorite part of ABC Camp in the past?

Ira: It was funny to watch campers being humiliated. It's always unexpected because humiliation is always different and it's interesting to see campers reaction to this. =)

Karina: Challenges!!! For me it was very good to see how campers were becoming a team! + Morning Camp Mail. It was great to see happy campers' faces when they heard that a letter was devoted to them. ;)

Of course ABC Camp has had a big impact on your life, as you are now a director. In what way do you think it has changed you the most?

Ira: It has changed my life completely in different aspects, but I guess it changed me the most as a person. I became a self-confident and sensible person. It helped me realize that I can be a leader and create many useful things on my own. It helped me realize that I can be that person who will also encourage other people to change some things in our society for the better.

Karina: I feel that ABC Camp helped me to express myself and is still doing it. ABC reveals a lot of skills such as organization or communication skills. I think everyone who took part in ABC Camp at least once feels the same, and I hope even more :) And we will try to do everything possible to keep this camp spirit!

What is something new you are working on with ABC Camp 2012?

Ira: Well,every year we are changing old things and creating new things in ABC Camp. This year won't be an exception. We'll definitely have new classes, new games and challenges and of course many surprises for our lovely campers. But you'll see it yourself during the camp. We won't reveal all the secrets now, but what I can say is that much fun, new impressions and useful skills and knowledge are guaranteed.

Karina: Of course, this is a secret. Don't provoke me to tell you ABC's secrets!=)) I can only tell you that ABC 2012 is changing it's location (it will not be at Gym #6 next year)

What part of ABC Camp made you laugh the hardest?

Ira: There were many funny moments during the camp, I won't even remember all of them, but I really enjoyed the mail time every morning, that was hilarious, funny and at the same time silly. But those moments kept everyone energized the whole day and of course, I will never forget our Talent show. Last year there were so many skits, that I couldn't stop laughing. I must say, parodies on staff were a hit and with our talented campers acting it out, it was a blessing watching it.

Karina: It's very hard to answer this question for me because every part of ABCamp was very funny! Every single day in camp was very special and made me laugh! :) 

Ukraine has many summer camps. In your opinion, what makes ABC Camp so unique?

Ira: ABC Camp is based on leadership and projects. There every camper can find himself and feel free to express himself as a personality, which is very often really difficult especially for shy people. But without any doubt I can say that it is the atmosphere in ABC Camp that makes it unique. It might sound silly, but to tell you the truth, people in ABC Camp are the most energized and friendly people I've ever met in my life. When I myself was a camper in 2009, I met there people who I'm great friends with now. Moments in ABC Camp are the best parts of my memories. And it's the atmosphere that helps campers to overcome their shyness and become true leaders.

Karina: Every year ABCamp has approximately 100 of the best people in the whole world! As for me it is the people who are doing this camp and people who are participating in it that are making this camp unique. 

What is a moment from ABC Camp that you will never forget?

Ira: I'll never forget the last day of camp. It's always the most amazing and at the same time the most sad day during the whole camp. The last day was significant for me because of all the events: the final debates, the Talent show, and of course the final party. These moments are precious! It was so great to see all of dearest campers perform and show what they have learnt during the camp and have fun of course, because this is also one of the most important parts of the camps for the campers. I was very proud of them and I enjoyed spending time with all of them this day. I believe they did too because they became closer to each other by the end of the camp. They became one friendly team.

Karina: I will never forget moments when we had dress-up days at camp and we had to go to lunch wearing, for example, in a hippie or a Halloween dress! It was very funny to see people's reaction when they saw "real hippies" or "real monsters"! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment