Thursday, April 19, 2012

Meet the Staff

Introducing the ABC Camp 2012 Staff...


Shannon Anderson


Hi everybody! My name is Shannon, and I'm from Nashville, Tennessee. In my free time I love rock climbing, drawing, and playing football. I'm super excited to be a part of the ABC team this year!



Marietta Avanesian


Hello! I'm Marietta, east girl who is aways open to new people and acquaintance, I'm happy to present you my knowledge and smile. I would like to share with you all my interests and hobbies. 



Katherine Axelsen


Hello world! My name is Katherine Axelsen and I'm a TEFL Peace Corps Volunteer for the greatest school in Ukraine (Specialized School #1 in Romny if you didn't know). My favorite food is spicy spicy Indian Curry. I love hot chocolate in Winter and ice cream in Summer. I graduated from the beautiful University of Michigan in 2011 where I studied English Language & Literature and Comparative Religion. I hope to earn a Masters Degree in Human Rights when I return to the USA in 2014. I am an English nerd and a Newspaper enthusiast.




Lee Ballard


Lee Ballard is 26, but since his birthday always comes in July, he expects to be 27 by the time ABC rolls around. If you need to find him, check the middle of the capital city of one of the oblasts starting with "P." If he's not there, check in fine Middle Eastern restaurants or nearby coffee shops. Lee's favorite linguistics moment is when Noam Chomsky came up with the sentence "colorless green ideas sleep furiously."




Lydia Brown

Hello, I’m Lydia Brown.  I’m a PCV teaching English in Dzerzhinsk in the Donetsk Oblast.  I am from Dallas, Texas.  I studied management at a University in Arkansas. I love being outdoors, reading, and running.  My favorite time of year in Ukraine is when the cherry blossoms are in bloom.  I cannot wait to meet everyone at ABC camp, it’s going to be a blast!   



Sam Choi


My name is Sam Choi. I am from the state of Delaware and currently live in Shevchenkove in the Kharkivska Oblast. In my free time I like to read classical literature, play American football, listen to and play music. My favorite two books are The Brothers Karamazov and The Count of Monte Cristo. I love to experiment with cooking and my favorite dish in the whole world is pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). I also love vareneky and solyanka. I like to play the drums and the guitar. My favorite singer is Corinne Bailey Rae and my favorite music group is Bob Marley and the Wailers. The largest influence on my life is Jesus Christ.  



Alison Cumbow



My name is Alison and I teach English to the best kids on the planet in Kharkovskaya oblast! I'm originally from Florida and I went to school to study journalism in Kansas. My hobbies are traveling, swimming, being in the sun and trying to read in Russian. (Team Jacob!!!) I love Ukraine -- especially in the summer. Being at camp with the most inspiring Ukrainian youth has been the most important and rewarding time of my service as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I'm really excited to be back at ABC this year, and I can't wait to see all of you!



Oksana Demchenko


I'm a 21-year old linguistics/journalism student from Mykolaiv currently representing Ukraine at the University of Mississippi. I've been involved in social projects since high school and I love working with people. I organized charitable rock festivals, was the editor-in-chief of a youth newspaper and enjoyed every single minute of cooperating with students from all over the planet. Also can't live without hitchhiking, snowboarding and active sports. Looking forward to share my experience in ABC Camp 2012!



Danny Freeman


My name is Danny Freeman. I live in the town of Izium and I work at school number 4. I am from Nashville, Tennessee and I worked as an art teacher there. I enjoy playing guitar and drawing and painting as well as making sculptures. I play in a rock and roll group here in Izium and we are working on a musical play for our school. My wife Shannon and I have lived in Ukraine and we love this wonderful country. 



Kaity Hauter


Kaity hails from Virgina where she devotedly hails the Washington Redskins (winning record aside). Now, In the Khersons’ka oblast, she hangs out in school and sometimes teaches English. . In her free time she enjoys eating famous Khersons’ka watermelons and modeling tiny hats.  




Nathan Hendricks


Nathan comes from the great state of Georgia. He studied linguistics in university and loves learning new languages. His favourite things in the world are trampolines, soup, and thunderstorms (in that order). This is Nathan's second year at ABC Camp, and he stays up late every night thinking about how awesome camp is going to be. 



Pete Isaac



My name is Pete Isaac and I grew up in Rhode Island in the states, but now I live in Zaporozhye. I spent eight years as a lifeguard on beaches in Rhode Island and Florida while earning a degree in Integrated Science and Technology as well as a Masters in Higher Education Administration. I have lived in Ukraine for just over a year and am looking forward to the next one as well. I can't wait to meet you all!




Julia Khomych


My name is Julia. Currently studying in "Ostroh Academy", in the department of International relations. A fan of classic literature, art and theatre. I've spent a part of my childhood living in Dublin, Ireland. I'm eager to do new things and excited to meet everyone at camp!!!



Margarita Kirakosian


My name is Margarita Kirakosian. I am nineteen and was born in Dnipropetrovsk. I am a third-year student in Dnipropetrovsk National Oles Honchar University and my major is journalism. Music is my greatest hobby. I play piano and sing. My music preferences are very different, starting from classic and jazz and ending up with alternative rock. Also I can teach everybody folklore Ukrainian songs. When I have free time I like to read and cross-stitch.



Vadim Kiyashko



Vadim was born as a Ukrainian but somewhere along the way things've changed. He has a little bit of each culture he's ever happened to be in touch with. One can say he's one of those people who can go from being dead serious to saying something ridiculously stupid and wait for it... AWESOME!
He loves meeting new people and doing all sorts of outdoor stuff. Vadim can't wait to see all of you in a good mood and with happy smiles on your faces. It's gonna be life changing.





Masha Lutsik


I'm Masha. I love sun, cats, blues, lemons, Tim Burton's films, colorful pants and ABCamp. I hate boredom, Physics (which is the same to me), little spoilt children and bad-mannered people. Adore everything that brings peace to the world, can't stand anything that destroys it.


Vlad Musienko


I'm from Kharkiv, Ukraine. I'm 16 years old. I enjoy travelling, cycling, rolling and just having fun. My most adored hobby is playing on the guitar. I love ROCK music and my favourite genre is thrash-metal or metal-core.


Anya Romanova


Stuff I want you 2 know about me: ginger for now, curly, sweet (but with no halo=)) and humble^^. I like books, coffee & giving hugs. I am sure I'll find a way with YOU. Btw, I'm 23. Nice to meet u guys!!



Anya Telesh


My name is Anna Telesh. I am from Mykolaiv. I enjoy travelling, climbing, diving, riding and a lot of another fun things. And for me the most important things in my life are to always try to be open to new places, new interesting things, meet new people and open new horizons of my life.



Ira Tomenko


In this picture you can see the person who is sure that her mission is to help people. Irina is passionate about travelling and meeting new people. She can teach you salsa and French so take advantage!! 
ABC is a great part of my life and I can't wait to have fun and do crazy stuff together.



Nitai Vinitzky


Hi! My name is Nitai. I am from San Francisco, California and I like playing all sorts of games and taking photos. I was at ABC last summer and it was a blast! I can't wait to see all your smiling faces at camp again this summer!

2 comments:

  1. I want pictures from the training weekend!!! HERE)

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo! What an awesome staff! Smart, fun, and so good-looking!

    ReplyDelete